Thursday 21 November 2019

Feline Entertainment.

A marathon of effort and dexterity.

As all ikey things, this one happened rather early in the morning yet late enough for Bob to have already left for work. He was in the clear, not having to report for ikey-duty.

As with all things this one also involved our little darling, Maus. First I heard an almighty ruckus from the back room and next I saw her strutting to the vestibule with an air of pride. What now? Thankfully I followed her - up to a point - and was just in time to see her drop a live mouse on the floor, ready to start playing the infamous cat & mouse game.

This wasn't my first mouse, so I didn't scream like a girl and jump up on our couch, but nonetheless, I chose my path wisely. Of course, by the time I returned with a container suitable to catch and transport this mouse outside, it had used its head and run for the bedroom, knowing full and well that Maus couldn't fit under the wardrobe.

Well, it has been a day and a bit of mouse hunting in our house with nary an end in sight. Our cat is a super trooper and keeps avid watch at all those places where she hears or has heard the footfall of tiny claws. As she is only eh, human, she does have bouts of hunger and tiredness, which makes her take enough time out to make sure to nourish herself ( hard work indeed ) along with taking little catnaps to recharge her energy.. Life with a cat, can't beat it!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment