Wednesday 27 November 2019

The Comfort Of The Known.

At home in Hofer.

Bob got back today and I went to pick him up from the bus stop in Pinggau. A long trip-in Eisenberg terms-of about 40 km each way. Yikes, to the end of Burgenland and the beginning of Steiermark.

When we drove there last week in order for Bob to catch the bus to the airport, Bob repeatedly pointed out which way I should take and to please take note of it. I dare say that he was a bit concerned in case I would lose my way and he would be stuck in Pinggau on his return! Honestly though, one can hardly get lost as it is a more or less along a straight road all the way.

Naturally I was early but had planned it like that. Last week I had espied a branch of Hofer / Aldi on the outskirts of Pinkafeld and as it is only place that sells divine soy milk ( tastes amazing in coffees or teas ), I wanted to buy up their stock. Oh yes, more often than not most of the branches are sold out.

The moment I entered the store I felt at home. Strange how the fact that everything was similar to our one in Oberwart made me feel comforted and at home. The outside world ceased to exist as I meandered along the isles. For a moment I even forgot that I was in Pinkafeld. Brilliant.

Luckily for Bob, I found my way to the bus stop and only had to wait half an hour for his bus to arrive. Being encased in a warm car while watching traffic flow all around me was rather nice. Personally, I think there is nothing nicer than to watch people go about their daily activities and colour in a mental image of what their life might be like...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment