Monday 4 November 2019

Knitting A Baby Blanket For An Appreciative Being.

A change of plans...

It was meant to be what its name says, a baby's blanket but as I took rather long to finish it, the plan changed. Or it was changed for me. Knitting anything in a household with a cat is far from easy dare I say at times, impossible.

Miss Maus happened to believe that the act of pulling a thread continuously through my fingers was purely designed to keep her entertained and enthralled. I cannot tell you how often I had to use parental strictures on her;

" No biting the wool. This isn't for you but for the little baby next door. "
Well, so much for that.

A few days ago I actually took note how much she loved this blanket being created. If she could have she would have rolled in it, slept on it and cherished it. Well, not so much cherished as I have no illusions on that subject and the length of this little blanket will stay in one piece. But, regardless I told Bob and of course Mausi that this was going to be her little blanket for the winter. Her security blanket so to say.

As soon as I had set this intention, she made a point of sitting on my lap while I was crocheting the squares together and cuddling underneath the budding blanket. Oh yes, right decision.

Today proved to be the day that it was finally ready. I put it onto her favourite chair and before I could invite her onto it, there she was making herself comfortable on her new blanket. I don't care what people say or what they think about the fact that we talk to and with our cat, as she is extremely intelligent and takes in more than we might think thus proving her intelligence and establishing her deserved place in our family.

Our happy cat!

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment