Monday 3 May 2021

Loving My Minimalist Shoes.

 For the love of walking.


They arrived last week and I felt like a kid at Christmas when the postman knocked on the door. That's the thing about ordering online ( by the way, nobody in Oberwart or Guessing stocks minimalist/barefoot shoes ), you have time to get excited about the purchase and in the case of minimalist shoes, look up what people are saying about them.

Only good reviews and with that in mind I put them on and honestly, if I could I would never take them off. Going for my long morning walk ( fast, hilly, dirt road and long grass ) is a breeze. It took some getting used to the first time I put them on and for about twenty minutes I alternated between taking ballerina steps and high-stepping. Jeez, I thought, not for me. Too awkward...until I got into my stride.

Walking barefoot, which is what these shoes encompass, feels great. My knee doesn't hurt and neither does my back or hip. Imagine if the culprit for  all those years was a modern, comfortable padded shoe! Thank goodness I found out about these shoes and it makes sense when one thinks about it. The more we molly coddle our feet, the less they have to do apart from shrinking various muscles, tendons and perhaps nerves. Well, dear feet, your holiday is over...

Today I decided to wear them all day. Walking, shopping and mowing lawns. All a breeze and no problem for my feet, knees or hips. Normally I would put on my oldest worn-down shoes to mow lawns, trendy-ish shoes for shopping and of course the new lot for my walk. Seeing that they weren't expensive, I decided to use them most of the time and hope they don't wear out too quickly. All in all a good day.




Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment