Tuesday 18 May 2021

My Stint As A Dog Sitter.

A two week adventure...


I began yesterday afternoon. A walk with two little darlings which is not as easy as it sounds. Two long leashes mingling among themselves and around my legs. It was a case of all of us being new to the idea of going for walks but we all need to start sometime.

Their owner has to spend some time in hospital and we decided it would be much kinder to the animals that they stay in their own environment ( they sleep most of the day in anyway! ) as opposed to being stuck in a small box-like space at the S.P.C.A. where they wouldn't have any idea what was happening to their world and life. 

So this morning I made a plan and got going early because I have decided to walk to them instead of driving  ( about 4 km each way ), take them for their morning constitutional, give them breakfast and tlc before heading back home again. About a two hour affair.

This morning they were pleased to see and walk with me and couldn't help but bark happily as we set off. Yikes, woke up the neighbours for sure and none of my commands to be quiet seemed to work. Dogs have their own way of doing things and in any case, the one dog is blind in one eye so could also be deaf in one ear.

The two of them are well known in the local dog community. Everyone hailed them a hearty hello and of course asked why I was walking them instead of their owner. A few dog owners had dog treats with them which was of course known to my lot. They spearheaded to get their little treat. Could hardly keep up with them despite them being small enough to grace a big sized handbag. There is going to be ample opportunity for me to learn their ways and for my two little rascals to teach them to me. 

Life with animals really is the best and there is nothing nicer than to give some happiness to a little soul....

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment