Monday 24 May 2021

The Etiquette Of Business, Dogs' Business!

 It pays not to walk with your head in the clouds.


This morning as I was making my way to fetch the two dogs for their early morning round, I couldn't help but notice a road strewn with business. One likes to think that the roads are paved with gold but not this morning...doggy landmines galore.

We live in the depth of countryside yet that shouldn't equate to dogs doing their business sans rules. So far I have gone above and beyond, even going so far as lifting little Maxi from the street onto the outer verge mid-business. Didn't he get a fright and eh, stage fright. Had to wait another fifty meters before he assumed his position...in the grass this time.

The other day I asked a couple who walk their dog along the same trek daily what the etiquette of business was. My main concern was if I should scoop up stuff that is in the grass next to the road and I was empathically told that the farther grass is fine, but not on the road. Well, pretty much as I had thought and surely common sense.

One would think so but no, judging by this morning's landmine affair, there are two dog owners who buck the system. Of course after a few rounds on the same ground one gets a feel for which dog went where. Size mainly and seeing a dog being walked in the distance and stumbling upon a fresh steaming heap. Doesn't take much to know who's been naughty.

Luckily for me these offending clues are much to big to even be associated with my two delicate little canines. So far I have not needed to use the doggy-bag but I have it on me all the time. Of course there is one problem with these warm plastic parcels...our village doesn't have any rubbish bins close to the usual walking route, which a lot of tourist who have dogs have complained about in the past...where to put  their dogs' business. Ah well, may that be the worst of our problems.

Bigg

No comments:

Post a Comment