Wednesday 19 May 2021

Organizing The Life Of Dogs.

 Creatures of habit.


Just like I have a set routine, so do dogs. Even more so I think. They know when to eat, or rather when to expect to eat and when to step outside for a round of walkies. Well, one dog at least.

The older of the two darlings I am looking after has his own schedule and it doesn't lend itself to going happily for walks. Actually, the start is more the problem as he likes to hide under the table when I dangle his leash. Or perhaps he likes playing hide and seek with me. Regardless, trying to leash him is not as easy as I thought. Once he is on the walk, he is as good as gold and does what needs to be done. So far, discreetly out of sight!

Both of the little darlings are a tad bit on the bonny side and could do with dropping a pound or two. Let's see if my care helps. Don't worry, I feed them as told and even slip them a few treats.

Watching various dog whisperer shows hasn't helped at all. All those lessons in how to establish boundries with your dogs seemed far easier when he did it than when I am trying to apply them. Only day two, let's give it time.

So far they have been great and have handled being left without their mum quite well. Often we think that animals don't have feelings like we do but that is wrong. They are just as part of the family dynamic with all its feelings as humans. If only they could talk...

It is still raining and somehow I know that my afternoon walk is going to be cut short. They are not too fond of being rained upon, never mind having muddy paws. This morning I noticed how they side-stepped and hopped over puddles. Slowly I am learning their traits and habits and hopefully they mine.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment