Tuesday 14 September 2021

Being A Responsible Canine Carer.

 Much to do about the business!


Yes, dogs do business. Often when and where you least want them to do it, but when they have to, they have to. Look, there have been days where anything but a movement was happening so I shouldn't complain where and when he does his lot.

That's where those biodegradable little plastic bags come into play. Life savers, reputation savers and a great help with keeping a good neighbourly footing. Nothing worse than having to sidestep little heaps on pavements or even worse, run the lawnmower accidentally over it. 

No, Maxi and I make sure that no trace of his is left behind. Early mornings I take the torch along so that I can see where everything is. Not so for some other dog owners in our street! So, there I am with a little pouch of smellies. Where to put it? Not many public bins about, in fact only two at the local bus stop but those are too far from us.

I have put an open bucket close to our garage ( still in the open for obvious reasons ) into which I put these daily marvels of canine digestion. Up until the last few days I haven't noticed any aromas emination from it but that is mostly due to my corona affair. All of a sudden though, I have been catching the odd whiff and I have to say dear Maxi, it isn't pleasant!!!

The rubbish collection was today and with that in mind I put the contents of this bucket into a half filled plastic bag of rubbish which I then put into the big black rubbish bin. Oh dear, not fun but it would only be for about an hour and then it would be tipped into the crusher. Hopefully the closed rubbish bin lid would hide any odors wafting about from the odd jogger, walker or quizzy neighbour.

Well, the sun was out and the rubbish collection was late. Very late. So late that the bin was still not emptied by lunchtime. So late that a trove of flies were buzzing atop our bin. Dead give-a-way followed by a horrid poo smell. Oh dear, I do hope nobody noticed.

In a slight panic I wondered whether the bin men would take one whiff and know what was the culprit and refuse to take it with. Looking online I found out that the best way to discard these little bundles of poo was to put them into the rubbish bin. At least I have been doing it right so that's a load of my shoulders.

 Families with little babies get separate collection bags for dirty nappies which makes me wonder why we dog owners can't get something similar...Short of digging up a hole in the garden to bury the daily lots, I will have to carry on putting them with the general rubbish and hope that someone invents a better and more environmental method of dog poo disposal.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment