Wednesday 8 September 2021

Ran Into A Bunch Of Happy Chicks Today.

 Chickens are more than food on a plate.



Towards the end of my walk I came across these friends basking in the sunshine atop a comfortable ' sofa ' of sorts.












Could this be the quintessential mother hen? Puffed out chest to convey how proud she is of her flock?
These chickens were so calm and collected and almost enjoyed being fodder for the local papparazzi....










Naturally there is a boss in charge of this coop. He was measuring me from a safe distance, following my every move yet not finding much fault with me.












The gals taking their cue from the boss posing for me to the side. Aren't they lovely in their white and grey plumage, punctuated by the striking red colour of their beak and comb.











Finally. the man in charge posing delightfully yet somewhat bashfully for me. What a character!!!

As I said, chickens are so much more than momentary food on a plate...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment