Tuesday 21 September 2021

And It Begins...

Preparations for the winter ahead.


Only the other day we flaunted our slops ( this gal without socks! ) trying to be one step ahead of the incredible abundant sun, yet today, jacket and closed shoes were the order of the day. Yikes, it was cold today and it doesn't look as though it will get much warmer. Obviously I tried my luck and have hung a load of washing on the line. Let's see if it dries before sundown.

The shops are full of hints and reminders that Christmas is coming. Good grief, are we so obtuse that we need to be reminded of it? The aisles are full of Lebkuchen of every variety even a couple of vegan ones. Nuts and mandarins galore and of course the obvious, winter clothing. The circle of life is continuous taking us again and again through the four seasons. Just like the seasons blend into each other, so do our years and frankly, often I have to think about how often I have looped this circle.

The heating season is upon us and today was the first purchase of pellets. At Lidl no less. Yes, I am aware that I should have bought a whole stack of pellets in the heat of summer, but who thinks of feeling cold when it is 40 degrees outside? We all beat to our own drums and I often hasten back to a few years ago when Bob and I would buy our pellets each week with our shop. Those times we were a bit short of dosh, we heated a session less. No one harmed and gratitude learned.

Now that we have a little dog, we have to also kit him out for winter. Thankfully I managed to get a nice winter jersey and raincoat for him...Oma's treat!!!!  Still trying to fit it on him to see how stylish he looks. Males aren't that fond of modelling so I have to sneak it on him when he isn't looking. Hold thumbs for mine...




A stylish fella, not quite sure of himself!














The raincoat and the jersey! Too cute for words...if Maxi doesn't like the jersey then he can hand it down to Mausi.


Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment