Wednesday 13 October 2021

Discovering That Lidl Has A Bread-Cutting Machine.

 Another aha moment.


Lately I have been favouring Lidl more than others mainly due to their increasing vegan offerings and vegan labeling. At my age reading the fine print of ingredients isn't fun and jolly difficult. Much better to see the cool vegan label.

Bread, I love it. Bread rolls and bretzen even more. My downfall and guilty pleasure after a shop. Lidl has made the effort and labeled all their freshly baked bread assortments with vegan icons. Well those that are vegan plus they also use real sourdough starters for some of their bread, which makes the little gut bacteria happy and healthier.

The only problem was buying the whole loaf and then having to slice it by hand at home. Very artistically sliced creations for sure! So there I am hovering at the bread counter when I hear a young mother tell her kids to choose a loaf for the bread slicing machine. 

Like a nosy parker I followed her ( of course first telling her that I wanted to see how its done ) and she was happy to explain it to me. Very easy. Once she trollied off with her brood I got a loaf of bread and started the slicing machine. So easy, so addictive. Honestly, I even contemplated buying another loaf of something in order to use that machine. The only thing stopping me was the fact that our freezer is full already. Too much bread to eat, considering that I had already chosen a fair selection of bread rolls and bretzen. Never mind, there is always another day...

The vegan offerings are increasing almost weekly and one needs a whole lot of self control not to buy everything on sight. Would defeat the point, wouldn't it? Although someone put a block of vintage vegan cheddar, vegan Leberkäse and vegan sausage spread into my trolley! 
How dare they.....!

Viva veganism and the fun, health and environmental benefits it brings.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment