Sunday 10 October 2021

Hiding From My Feline Admirer.

 My every move is being watched.


From being skittish to the extreme-couldn't even look his way before he ran off-to now being in love with me. Yes, one of our feral housemates has taken a shine to me. A big shine, one so big that he lies in wait for my every move.

He obviously sleeps with one eye open and very close to our front door because the minute I take Maxi for his early morning constitution, he comes bouncing along in order to rub his cheek against my leg. He is a strong feral tomcat and isn't even aware of his own strength. I have to watch my footing lest I trip over him.

It is cute and I am not complaining, well in a way I am, but I think I told you that the other week he twice tried to bite my calf. More of a love bite ( that's how he meant it ) but still a bit sore. Coupled with mum telling me about the perils of cat bites ( she saw a documentary where someone got bitten by their cat and almost had to have half their hand removed ) it isn't any wonder that I am very careful around him.

Since discovering the joys of being cuddled and stroked, he can't get enough. Yesterday Bob watched this whole love procedure and asked me to step back as he wanted to try and give the cat a cuddle. Ha, no success as it seems that he is only fixated on me.

A moment ago I got back from somewhere and there he was, greeting me the minute I stepped out of the car. As he is constantly doing figure eights around my ankles while I am walking, I am doubly careful that one of those eights doesn't turn into a quick nip at my heel. For him it is just a declaration of love and also of wanting to have all of my attention -just like a man!

Somehow I am going to have to find a way to placate him without being in danger of his extreme show of affection and I am sure that I will figure out a working solution since he hardly leaves our property ( in the past he only showed up for his dinners ) at all during the day and I suppose night as well.

Of course I am jolly pleased that he has taken a shine to me, as it is so heartwarming to witness his realization that people aren't all bad and at what he has missed out on all those years....life, isn't it nice?



Waiting for me...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment