Monday 9 September 2019

Chasing Paco.

Never a dull moment in paradise.

Mum and I were on our way to clean one of the holiday cottages when a pavement special walzed in front of us albeit clad in a red collar. Somehow that white and grey shaggy fur looked mighty familiar and suddenly it dawned on me. It was Paco the newly adopted dog. Paco whose owner had passed away a few weeks ago and who now had a new dog mom. And obviously, Paco who had run away from home as I couldn't see anyone with him.

Before mum had even stopped the car I got out to try and entice this dog to come to me. As if. The closer I got the faster he bolted. I tried clapping thinking he might be a bit hard of hearing because of his age, but not so as he did turn his head to give me a stare but then carried on.

Throughout our clean I popped out every few minutes in case he was close enough to grab his collar. Once he got close but even mum's calm calls couldn't entice him. Nothing we could do but hope and pray that he would find his way home on his own. Unfortunately I didn't have his new owners number. Eventually mum dropped me off at home again after we'd finished cleaning and drove off.

Not even ten minutes had passed when the phone rang. Mum, telling me that she had spotted Paco in lower Deutsch Schützen cruising the alleys. Nothing for it. I had to drive there to try and get him to come with me. Mum wisely told me to fetch his new owner first to help catch him. Which I did.

As I drove up to her house she was already walking up and down outside her gate. Hoping he would return on his own after his cunning escape through an inch of left open gate. So, off we drove towards the village when half way along she mentioned that he made a habit of taking off on his own to meander around the country side. He usually showed up again but even so I could see that she was a little bit worried. Naturally we didn't catch sight of him during our slow drive about and he wasn't home either.

Thankfully she calmed my fears of his having to wander about all night, frightened and alone, by telling me that his old owner used to leave his gate open especially for those walk-a-bouts of Paco and more importantly, that he always came back home. Yeah, thank goodness because I had visions of Bob and I doing a long and thorough dog search...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment