Sunday 15 September 2019

Morning Conversations.

Thank god for humour.

Not often one sees a jogger with a bunch of long green leafy grass, wildflowers and plants running along yet, lately I have seen her often.

" Hi Gabi. Picking breakfast for your rabbits again? Gosh you do spoil them. What on earth are you going to do over winter? "
To which her grinning husband replied;
" Biggi, they won't be here come winter. "
Oh no, one so easily forgets the fate of animals, doesn't one?
" No, you can't tell me that. You know that I am vegan! "
My face must have shown a combination of revulsion and horror because not a second later Gabi dropped a dose of kindness wrapped in humour;
" No Biggi, you misunderstood. The rabbits just keel over and by pure chance land on our plates. "
Well, at least that thought pushed away the less than nice images lining up in my head...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment