Tuesday 3 September 2019

Decoding The Language Of A Stork.

A new neighbour.

One of our neighbours is expecting and as we aren't that close, I wasn't in on the due date. Now and again Bob has a quick chat with her when he is having a puff outside and she is walking past, but you know what men are like... no head for details and no asking for when it's due.

Sunday I noticed an avian representative on their balcony. A plastic stork had mysteriously parked itself within view of everyone driving past, but for the life of me I couldn't make out the colour of the bundle of joy dangling from its beak. Could it be stationed there in anticipation? Are there any customs for the waiting game?

The next day saw me arriving home from a different direction in case that would help me decipher the colour of the bundle. No, still white. What on earth? In my day it was either pink or blue. Nice and easy to read. Nice and easy to help buy presents and nice and easy to save one from asking whether the baby is a girl or a boy. Mums can get quite offended when one doesn't notice straightaway. Most babies do look alike and of course cute!

I will give this neutral flag one more day but then I will go out and ask around if indeed Eisenberg has garnered another resident. An exciting and scary time ahead for the new parents but thankfully her mum lives just down the road and can lend a hand or give sage advice whenever it is needed.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment