Friday 16 April 2021

An Early Start To The Day.

New perspectives and insights.


Bob had to leave very early for work and that meant that I could set off on my walk before seven. Could have been a bit earlier but I waited for the diffuse light of dawn to clear up a bit. Have been watching too many true crime programs  recently, and most of them featured diffuse light!!!

What a pleasure to reconnect with the early part of the morning. The world looks so vastly different and sounds so too. Birds are at their most charming, dogs haven't woken up properly yet to emit more than a grunt and mice's leaf rustling mostly gentle and quiet. A treat to be able to notice these ubiquitous early morning ritual of nature.

The first part of my walk takes me through our village and isn't it funny what one gets to notice and see so early. Early when nobody thinks anyone might be watching. An excursion to the front gate for the daily newspaper with bed hair and baggy pj's followed by an embarrassed grin hello. Most of the time I try and studiously look front and center but often the unexpected sound of a slurping foot or a throaty cough make that impossible.

Almost at the end of the village, in fact the last house which I thought the owners had left because it has that sad forlorn look about it, an older man tried to imitate the infamous scene from The Life of Brian whilst opening the right-side wing of his balcony door but once he noticed me  ( made sure to really slurp my shoes ) he deftly dove back inside. Jeez-a-lou, remind me to change my route if it is early again. That's the darn drawback about living in a small place...names and faces are not a mystery!

Early mornings have a serenity to them that becomes addictive. The peace and quiet before the engine of life moves from neutrally idling into first gear. Meditation comes in many shapes and forms and for me that is walking. Couldn't have landed in a nicer place to do my daily meditations...

Biggi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment