Sunday 18 April 2021

Another Try At Opening Shops.

The end of yet another lock-down.


Truthfully, I can't tell you which number lock-down it was. Third or second after all? Regardless, after almost a month of being closed, most shops will open up again on Monday. Restaurants and hotels will still be closed until an undisclosed future date but we all hope it will be the middle of May. Hope does spring eternal...

I have to own up to feeling quite excited about the prospect of shopping for goods again despite actually not needing anything. No, I lie, I do need more wool and perhaps a new lot of running shoes. For some reason mine wear out quickly!!

Perhaps more than anything else, these lock-down phases have taught a lot of us a great lesson. We don't need much to be happy. Food and drink, more is luxury. Again, wearing clothes at home is more for oneself than anyone else. Who sees us when we are locked away? Imagine having spent a lot of money on last year's style of clothes only to not ever had the chance to show them off? Yip, clothes aren't that important after all. 

Although I do fear that many fell into the online portals of Amazon & co, judging from the often sighted UPS van and the many empty cardboard boxes on the kerbside when it is rubbish collection day. Yes, us too but mostly books and Bovril.

Burgenland has upped the anti when it comes to testing and from Monday many more test centers will have opened to coincide with the shops opening up again. Testing often should and possibly does help keep the numbers down but only time will tell.

In the meantime, I might do a stint of shopping for my essential must-haves but only cloaked in mask and the knowledge that I have passed my home corona test with flying colours.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment