Monday 12 April 2021

The Quaint Sub-Plots Of Small Village Life.

 Life wouldn't be the same without them...


Look, sub-plots abound around us. Not discounting the avian wing that constantly performs one opera after the other, life in a small village simply lends itself for quaintness and unique characteristics.

Take this morning for example. There I was coming back from a long walk when I noticed a car idling halfway around the corner of the road next to our house. Yes, basically in the middle the road, half in and out of the bend nicely blocking any and all traffic. Not that there is that much apart from the huge cement trucks for the construction down the road-not much of a challenge and somehow makes me think that this chap hadn't thought through his choice of road for idling. 

Well, the reason he was idling was that he was chatting to a friend who happened to be walking by. Nothing like rolling down your window and shooting the breeze for the next ten minutes. Couldn't help but notice as they chose to chinwag right outside our house.

As I was turning into our gate the one chap opined that I was rather late coming home from my walk! Ah, keeping track, isn't he...

Another lovely little quaint line in today's plot was the fact that halfway into my walk, as I was turning the corner, I stumbled onto my husband loading up his work van. Nice surprise and luckily for him he looked pleased to see me too. No, no, hardly stopped my stride to say hello and thankfully so because his work mates drove up at exactly the same moment. Imagine if they'd seen us hugging and kissing? Bob wouldn't live that down...

Living in a big city often equates to those divine quaint little human asides being overpowered by  the sheer enormity of navigating the physical, emotional and environmental aspects of living in a city. Look, not everyone would and could enjoy life in a small village but for me it has meant the luxury of having time and the opportunity to take note of the lovely sub-plots of this aria called life.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment