Saturday 24 April 2021

Another Bee In My Bonnet...

 ...Or a foot scantily clad.


See, it pays to read and learn new and interesting things. Novel ideas that somehow make sense and lift the curtain on certain discomforts....' so that's why this is ' ...

Two weeks ago I received my copy of The Story of The Human Body by Daniel Lieberman and finished it this afternoon. Most fascinating and illuminating with the best bits toward the end. One of the thesis he put in there was the fact that we weren't designed  ( or rather our body ) to wear shoes. Yes, we do need to wear them but not such technically advanced ones which running shoes tend to be.

Almost everything is aided along by the various foams and supports that our feet become lazy and that might lead to problems such as back pain or foot discomfort. It makes sense, doesn't it? Everything gets done for our feet so that the various tendons, muscles and nerves can lean back and relax resulting in them weakening. Don't use it, you loose it!

Well, this has had such an impact on me that I have already perused the portals of online shopping about those funny looking toe shoes. Seen them on some documentary but didn't get the name. Walking my daily route totally barefoot ( which might be the best thing for my feet and back ) would be a bit difficult not to mention a tad socially contraire. That might put a mad as a hatter label on me!!!

Turns out that there are plenty of shoes available that mimic the barefoot experience. Granted, I won't get those individual toe-shoes but I am honestly leaning towards trying out a barefoot shoe ( oxymoron isn't it? ) and thus giving my feet a better workout and ultimately my back some relief. 

Bob will have a good laugh at me but I know that he will also get a pair of barefoot shoes and wonder why we didn't revert to them sooner. At least I hope so because these shoes are also much less expensive than those expensive running shoes with their all round support. Goes to show that we mustn't take everything at face value and the gospel truth... Can't wait to try out my barefoot experience and will let you know.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment