Tuesday 13 April 2021

Weeding Out The Old Wardrobe Inhabitants.

 Long overdue and not so hard to do.


I can't tell you how many programs I've seen about arranging, sorting, discarding and minimizing the old wardrobe. Oodles I tell you, and each time I promised myself to follow suit...famous last words, until the night before and appropriately in the middle of it, I mentally started to weed out the various bits of our wardrobe only to thankfully follow suit yesterday morning.

The thought of it is more of a stumbling block than actually doing it. Equipped with a hearty breakfast and enthusiasm I started. Holding up each item of clothing and thinking of whether I love, wear or like it was not that easy. The mind tended to sabotage by flitting thoughts like across;

   " No, don't throw that away. There might be an occasion when this top might come in handy. "

How silly because realistically, if I haven't worn it in the last year, I more than likely won't wear it in the next. In the throw-away pile it went. It isn't as if my clothes had cost me a fortune. Most of what I have is second-hand ( by choice! ) but even though, parting with them was hard.

 Cunningly I took the throw-away pile ( some clothes are too worn-out to give to someone else ) and straightaway took it outside to the bin. A sort of out-of-sight, out-of-mind kind of deal. You know what, it worked because later in the afternoon when Bob came home to do his side of the wardrobe, I had already forgotten which items of clothing I had thrown out. Win, win...

Bob had it easier as I had put all of his t-shirts and shirts onto the bed into piles, neatly folded. He surprised me by being decisive and quick with all his decisions and his throw-away pile got nice and hefty. One funny aside; when it came to sorting out his drawers' drawer, he was mightily surprised at how many ' new ' ones where lurking in the back of it. 

" I didn't realize how many drawers I have. In the mornings I just take the one in front because it's there. "

Today I am so pleased with the spaces on our shelves and drawers. It feels much lighter and better and is a breeze to choose from. Let's see how long the order lasts.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment