Saturday 30 March 2013

A Week Without Assuming...

Assumptions, we all have and apply them.

Who doesn't remember the business lecture to do with assuming ? It was eloquently put like this: Breaking up the word ' assume ' is to make an ' ass ' out of ' u ' and ' me ' !

Gosh, I've lost count of the many times I've assumed...but I will try not to do it for a week !

Do these assumptions sound vaguely familiar ? :

  • All Blondes lack I.Q.
  • Large people eat all the time.
  • The European Union consists of only a handful of troubled countries.
  • He or she is looking at me strangely and therefore must be in love with me.
  • The person you talk to wipes something from their nose - you immediately panic that something is dangling blatantly out of your nose.
  • Africa is a country.
  • Women should do most of the household chores.
  • Men only think of one thing....Sport.
  • Only people with a Degree will succeed in life.
  • All dogs are friendly.
  • You see some tourists wearing socks and sandals and assume they are German.

Let me know if I have left some out.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment