Tuesday 26 March 2013

Still Watching Sports The Old Fashioned Way ?

Interact your way into being hip, modern & with-it !

As you know, yesterday's blog revolved around F1. While I was glued to the gripping action on the screen during the F1, I realized that Bob was in the process of blinding me with his dazzling display of youthfulness.

He had entered the hallowed ground of digital viewership . Oh yes, I was still stuck in the last century ! Alas, I sort of outrank him by 4 years ( at least not dog years ) and once or twice it shows !

Ashamedly I have to admit, that I am not able to communicate well while watching sports on TV. Actually anything on TV. Why is it that when you are trying to follow complicated scenes of a thriller, someone asks you a unrelated question expecting an answer ? Conundrum indeed ! To answer or not to answer...

Coming back to the F1 of Sunday. Hearing is a funny thing. Usually the sound is almost on full blast, yet I heard Bob typing on the computer. Like hearing a pin drop in the middle of a nightclub. Wow, Superwoman ! ( No Bob, there is no way I'll wear tights and a cape for you ! )

Naturally married people are nosy: " Bob, who are you writing to ? " ( of course I waited for the long-winded ad break to ask him ). " Oh, I am communicating with my cousin on FaceBook " .

How terribly hip. Bob and his cousin were furiously typing well sounding one-liners ( remember it is privy to the public and family at large ) about the various attributes of their favourite drivers. The one thing that they forgot was the actual drivers driving ability !

Why is this special ? Well, his cousin lives on the other side of the world. Yet, through Social Media, it felt like she was right here in the room. Fantastic indeed.

Watching sport in this modern way is impressive, eye-opening and a tad bit confusing. That is, for someone who was pre-teenager during the MUCH LATER years of Abba and BeeGees. Typing, texting, pin'ing or tweeting while at the same time trying not miss a thing, is sadly beyond me.

After the game, I did have plenty of stamina, attention and opinions to participate in Social Media's arena...Ah, there is hope for this ' old gal '!

Don't ever forget: " An old hen makes good soup "

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment