Sunday 3 March 2013

Eating Out versus Cooking At Home.

Is the trend shifting ?

As they say in the movies, picture this scene:
It's been a long and hard day at work and you are wondering what to do for dinner ? Your mind is thought-out and you just want simplicity. Do you

  • Instead of going straight home, rather go to a restaurant and eat out ?
  • Stop at your local supermarket and pick up ingredients to make dinner at home ?

For me, there is nothing nicer than going home, to my " nest " and making food for dinner. Sometimes the actual process of chopping, stirring and tasting is almost like a mini vacation from work ! You know, just stirring the pot, often sends your thoughts into a better haven.

Oh, I admit that chopping the veggies is not my favourite as it tends to cramp up my hand. Of course the pro's have their little tricks, but unless you have Jamie teach you in person, its not doable...at least for me. How on earth do the junior chefs chop themselves through a mountain of vegetables, each and every day ?

But one of the deal-closer's of staying at home is the fact that you can change into your at-home gear...I am sure, that like Bob and I, you have your personal favourite. Bob likes loose jogging pants and his well worn Springbok Rugby Jersey and it's much the same for me, except I don't do the sports jersey !

I've even heard stories of newly ' together ' couples cooking with an apron and only an apron...jeezalou, how original ? ...Oh, the romantic phase, where you want to look your best and impress the pants of each other ! Luckily the real phase is just around the corner.

Is it true that some people eat out on average 4 times a week. That sounds way too much ? How often do you eat out, or stay home ? Let me know...

Biggi

...at least wear a nice apron !
Amazon.com:Black & White Embroidered Set of Aprons "Mr & Mrs"
Amazon.de : Spreadshirt, Kiss the cook, Kochschürze

No comments:

Post a Comment