Wednesday 20 March 2013

Arianna Huffington, What A Classy Lady.

Arianna Huffington visits CNBC's Squawk Box .

Admittedly I like to watch CNBC's Squawk Box. The financial news almost always come with a side-show. Personally I think that Joe Kernen is sort of like a little Kitten dressed up in a Feral Cat's costume.

At times he just likes to be contraire for the sake of it and often I wonder whether there isn't a voice in his earpiece saying: " Crack it up a notch Joe, we need controversy "...You know, the show isn't the same when he is away and I prefer watching it when he is there.

So yesterday Ms. Huffington was a guest presenter on the show. She outclassed them all. What a lady. Beautiful manners yet a backbone of steel. At times she reigned in one or two rather outlandish comments with a few well delivered words underlined with a smile.

The more I get to know of Ms.Huffington, the more impressed I get. What she has achieved in such a short space of time, is amazing and also groundbreaking. For those of you who haven't read it yet, head over to the Huffington Post and have a glance !

Her message that " me-time / meditation / recharging " is important in conjunction with work was easy to understand and comprehend ( well, clearly not for everybody ! )

At one point, someone asked her a question that really was not-thought-through ;...
" Arianna, do you know anyone there in Cyprus ? ". To which she sanguinely replied
" Well, actually I am Greek, so no !".

When I still lived in South Africa and was on holiday overseas, one question was somehow always asked.
" Oh, I have a cousin living in Kenya, do you know her ? "...South Africa is not Kenya and anyway the Continent of Africa is HUGE...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment