Monday 6 July 2020

Revelations On Facebook.

Truth be told?

Love it or hate it, use it we all do. Facebook that is. Yes, nothing better than to have a gleaning glance among the various postings. Even that takes time nowadays due to the many sponsored ads. Cunningly they are honed to our own tastes and needs ( so much for privacy ) and thus often get mistaken for a piece of interest.

At times when I read what someone I know has posted I wonder if their account has been hijacked because surely they would never post such idiotic nor hate-filled words! Sadly, they often aren't hijacked and like an onion being peeled, the true personality of friends and family gets revealed. The book of revelations!

Of course Facebook is also used to post commentary on local events-always nice to look at photos to see who's with who, who looks tipsy and who was there. The later had me rather stunned; Since the advent of corona I have been delivering groceries to local seniors so that they are kept nice and safe inside their own home.

Even now, when the masks have been thrown out like old advice, I stay masked and keep a big distance when dropping off the groceries. Out of respect and out of knowledge of what could happen if I didn't. Contrary to popular opinion the corona virus has not gone up in smoke and disappeared. Far from it. The local numbers are increasing and from the looks of it, most holiday destinations around Europe are also seeing a boomerang effect. Why can't everyone just holiday in their own country? That would make it so much easier and safer for all.

Back to my online discovery. There were photos of a local event and who was in the thick of it, sans mask or social distance? Yes, many of the older crowd ( even some I deliver to ) who could be most affected by the corona virus. Officially nobody has to wear a mask but unofficially, the government has asked everyone to do everything necessary to protect themselves. Well, perhaps I am making a mountain out of a molehill but I care for the well being of everyone and I wish more would take this crisis seriously in order to help end it...Another lock-down would really hurt businesses and livelihoods not to mention the sad loss of people.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment