Wednesday 22 July 2020

The Beauty Of Rain.

The harder the better.

One wouldn't have thought so after the most stunning morning we've had. Sunshine, blue skies and nary a cloud in sight. Bob told me before he left for work that the day would bring plenty of rain and storms. Ja, ja, in one ear out the other...until the heavens opened up and dumped what seemed like a weeks worth of rain on us.

I was on a mission to find anti-horsefly muti for Bob as tomorrow he is going to brush cut for most of the day in an area famous for the pesky yet rather large flies. Before I left to go to Oberwart I was lending a hand to my parents with garden work. Still sunny and nice by then, enough so that I decided to wear my comfy Birkenstocks to town. Not so good as it turned out when it rained later on.

My main aim was to find some tea tree oil as this was touted by most on Google to repel horseflies. The first place I tried was sold out ( ah, on to a winner there! ) and the only other shop that would carry it would be a pharmacy. Okay, on to the pharmacy down the road I went and was lucky to get a parking space right outside and the oil to boot. But then, the heavens opened with a vengeance.

It poured so madly and badly that the pharmacist even offered for me to wait in her store. Never mind, I'm not made of sugar and with that in mind I raced to the car. Is there anything better than sitting in a car nice and dry while rain pummels down on the roof? Driving through town was an adventure to say the least. To top it all I had to wear my optical sunglasses as my glasses were at home. Didn't I look like an idiot!

My final stop had to be at a Hofer and luckily the branch I picked had an almost empty car park. Unheard of here. Clearly it pays to shop in the rain. I even managed to garner a parking space right outside the front door. Once I had finished my sojourn in Hofer I managed to pack everything into the car without encountering one raindrop.

The storm was moving slowly across our area and I could literally see the band of dark blue sky move bit by bit over the countryside leaving roads flooded, fields awash and grass happy. As it was only a summer's storm, all is well again and our sky has resumed its cliche of brilliant blue brocade woven with the odd cloud or two...Ah, the vagaries of weather.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment