Sunday 19 July 2020

Thank Goodness For Our Freezer.

Delightful and yummy combinations to be had.

Who hasn't felt the odd craving for ice cream or something of that ilk on a Sunday afternoon, an afternoon where all shops are closed and the prospect of anything ice creamy means hopping in the car and driving for many a mile to find an ice cream vendor? Yes, much too complicated and usually not worth following up on such a craving.

Well, that is where our freezer is worth its weight in gold, frozen gold! I wanted something sweet and cold. Bananas were a bit scare ( only three which I needed two for Bob's breakfast and lunch tomorrow ), chocolate had left the building last night during movies and biscuits would take to long to make. Luckily I remembered a packet of frozen blueberries that I had bought on Wednesday.

For form's sake I asked Bob if he was interested in a frozen something knowing full and well that he would never decline and put most of the blueberries, one banana and several dashes of soy-milk into the blender. It didn't take more than a minute and the most divinely smooth dark blue soft serve emerged. Oh my god, I can't believe I have never made a blueberry ice cream before. It was so nice that it took all my self control to be fair while dishing out the servings. Equal measures and of course the one who made it was allowed to ' clean ' the mixer bowl.

Often I forget how easy it is to make the most wonderful dishes. Be they curries, pastas or in today's case, ice cream. The added beauty of it is that both of us had a bowl full of an antioxidant shot, more than likely ironing out a wrinkle or two inside and out. Well, one thing is for sure...next week I am going to stock up on many more packets of frozen blueberries.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment