Thursday 18 November 2021

Excitement In Our Household.

 Gleeful happiness more like...


Yesterday I missed the postman and had to content with one more sleep before getting the parcel. Bob and I had ordered online ( yes, from the titan which we try hard not to do so much ) and realistically only things we can't get offline in town. Believe me, I have tried to find it in Oberwart many a time.

So, just before lunch I sliced open the box, which I had fetched from the local post office affiliate, and was overjoyed with my new goodies. My lot included some spiffy reflective braces which I can use to walk with. My new second-hand winter jacket which has really become my pride and joy, is not equipped with any brightness ( could have been a hunter's jacket as it is a nice shade of brown ) and thus the job of keeping me safe during my early morning winter walks has been delegated to these reflectors.

They look like suspenders/ braces and I think they are fabulous. Of course Bob thinks they are a bit embarrassing but eh, men and their fashion sense! Tomorrow will be their maiden walk and I hope the weather plays along.

Another item I ordered is one of these wash-balls. Washing without washing powder, ecological and cheap. Let's see if it cleans the clothes but if one doesn't try one won't find out.

Bob's lot included two big tubs of Marmite. His absolute favourite and as it is a British invention, it isn't available in Austria. Thus he had to order it online. Well, these two tubs are enough for two years...or in Bob's case two months. He tends to be a bit overly liberal with spreading it on his toast but, if he likes it why not. I might help him out by sampling it occasionally myself but then only when he isn't looking. Gosh, that Marmite is his pride and joy.

As you guessed, the usual suspects of entertainment were included in this order. A handful of books to tide us over the upcoming festive season and from what it looks like, a hard lock-down too. 






Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment