Friday 19 November 2021

The Selective Tastes Of Our House Cat.

 Mausi perfects her fussiness.


There are times when every meal provided gets eaten. Blessed times, marvelous times which sadly don't feature too often.

This last week she has driven me crazy. Each and every can of wet food I have opened for her, she has deigned beneath her. One sniff and that was that. With forethought I have made sure that the dry food she can eat throughout the day is of the highest nutritional quality because that is what is sustaining her at the moment.

Look, she isn't overly thin but I do worry about her. Jealousy must play a part as at the moment Maxi gets a lot of attention. Gosh, he loves his food. Mornings and evenings I have lately had to give away her unwanted vittles to the rascals outside. They of course think that it is Christmas, twice a day all week long and what is more worrying is the fact that one of the outside rascals has started to turn her nose up at dry food. What to do? I can't really throw Mausi's food away because that is wasting and let's be honest, there are starving cats somewhere.

I tell her all the time but it falls on deaf ears. Who doesn't remember being young and having to hear our mothers' telling us about the starving children in Africa who would love to eat spinach, broccoli and liver. Honestly, I can't remember whether mum's trick worked or not...

Lately I have even gone so far as to speculate that perhaps the pet food companies have changed ingredients in their formulations. Could be that nefarious products have been used and let's be honest...none of us would be any wiser because let's face it, cat food isn't something we can judge or like to eat.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment