Friday 12 November 2021

Coming Home After A Three Hour Stint In Oberwart.

 A welcoming committee of note.


  Just like Bob and I know the sound of my parent's car even with our eyes closed, so too our pet family know the sound of mine. Before I even slowed down to turn up our driveway, the first kitten appeared.

Gosh, he almost jumped with joy and ran ahead of the car while out of the corner of my eye I espied another kitten, well cat actually, sitting atop her feeding place. I swear one of them gave me the hairy eyeball, wanting to know why I took so long. Cheeky lot.

Over the last five months I have started to acquire routines. For Maxi because being almost blind, he needs routine and sameness. So, once I have parked the car and closed the gate I let him out of the house. No leash. He loves it when I get back from anywhere-gets up to greet me ecstatically at the entrance and then goes back to his basket. Too cute and the order of the day is that he can hop outside whilst I bring in the groceries.

Today he took a flying leap over the tomcat hovering at the top stair, trying to smuggle himself inside the house! Unbelievable how youthful Maxi can behave when he wants to. A real sprinter! Anyway, he ran around the garden followed by his adoring fan, the tomcat. Both are the same size and seem well on the way to become besties. 

Mausi is equally happy to have me home and takes turns sniffing out the various produce peeking out of bags and baskets. Nosy little parker likes to inspect everything. She then walks with me to the back bedroom, also known as our larder and fridge abode, and watches me put everything away. As each bag empties she climbs into it, trying to find the perfect hide and seek place! Often she wriggles herself into it so successfully that I don't see her and only when she moves about do I know her whereabouts. 

Granted, I have been a bit naughty by giving them a treat each time I come back from the weekly shop and perhaps it is the lure of the impending treat more so than mummy coming home that makes them hop about with such happy and gleeful abundance.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment