Monday 7 March 2022

A Chilly Wind Outside.

 A Monday heralding a continuous winter.


It is bright and sunny enough to belie the chilled air. Looking out the kitchen window one would imagine it is the middle of May. The birds are tweeting, the clouds are racing and the sky is a vivid blue. Until one goes outside.

Taking the boy for his afternoon round was a chilling experience. For him and for me. I thought his warm winter coat would be too much for such a seemingly cheerful afternoon and wrong I was. If I hadn't made him walk at a very brisk pace he would have frozen. Look we made it into a nice and warm house and for all I know dogs don't feel the cold as we do.

The wind was howling and that was the problem. The harsh fingers of many a gust of wind were darn awful and extremely biting. Just bone chilling. What a change to the recent warm weather we've been having. Wicked weather teasing us with warm and sunny afternoons, so warm that even my careful neighbours have already planted their summer flowers. Daringly foolish me thinks!

Monday again. The first week of March gone. A third of the year gone. It was just the other day that we were celebrating Christmas and now, Easter and the spectacle of chocolates is moments away. Oh, I forgot about Lent. A whole lot of people are at this moment denying themselves alcohol, sweets and treats. Many  grumpy people about I think.

Well, the week has started and may we make the best of it.

Biggi



No comments:

Post a Comment