Thursday 3 March 2022

Hoovering, At Pets' Displeasure.

A united front.


Isn't it funny how one little move sets them off? For Mausi it is the point when I lift the carpet runners off the floor in preparation for a hoover. From the deepest of sleeps she awakens and dashes to safety from the big bad hoover wielded by her mum.

Since the boy has moved in it transpires that he too, is far from fond of it. How does he know? Well he can hear it but see it he can't. The moment I push the on button his little head lifts up and within moments he does a dash to another room. Anywhere but here! Too funny.

The irony is that I don't like the hoover either. Not because of it looking and sounding nefarious but more mundanely due to it translating to a bit of housework. Hoovering followed by mopping the floor. Of course once the two of them are aware that the hoover has gone back to its hiding place ( behind the bedroom door ) they get very excited by the cloth being pushed forward and backward on the floor. A new game?

Maxi only has one functioning eye and at times, especially during the hoover-affair, it tends to turn into a beady eye watching my every move. Gosh at times I wonder if I should even go close to him...but no, he is as good as gold, only a bit afraid of the machine.

So, in order not to upset our animals too much I tend to limit my hoover excursion to a minimum! Oh, what parental sacrifices one does...

Biggi 

No comments:

Post a Comment