Sunday 6 March 2022

The Lovely Chore Of Making Supper.

 Keeps me grounded.


It starts already in the morning during my walk. A sort of plan of what to make for supper. A mental check through of all our larder residents and of course a mental check through of what I would like most to eat. Cook's privilege, isn't it?

Food gives us comfort. Food makes us comfortable and food keeps us sane. The world as we know it has changed and like the genie out of the bottle, I can't imagine that we get that blissful time pre-corona, pre-war back. It would be nice but I am not holding my breath.

So, what to make for supper tonight? Perhaps a curry or alternatively nice veggie burgers. Homemade of course as I have to be honest, those hyped about Beyond Meat burgers aren't to my liking. Too expensive and too many ingredients. Look, they are fine for those who literally want to replace a meat burger with a vegan one that looks the same, but once you've made your own bean burger, there is no going back.

The routine of cooking is marvelous and keeps me from stressing myself out too much worrying about this conflict. Somehow it is going to be sorted out and in Ukraine's favour. China might be the super power that will reign in this rogue Russian man and make him ride quietly off into somewhere where he can't do any more harm to his people, to the world. 

Yes, tonight I am going to make homemade burgers and in the manner of most cooks, change the recipe to suit whatever we have on hand. Nice, mundane and oh so therapeutic not too mention yummy.

Biggi


No comments:

Post a Comment