Friday 3 May 2013

Thursdays, A Cup Of Coffee And Google Plus.

Google Plus just keeps getting better, cooler and very interesting !

It almost sounds like one of those " Bar " jokes. You know those where an Irishman, a German and an American meet in the bar...!

When I first heard about Google Plus, I admit that I was a bit skeptical and single-mindfully set on Facebook. A social media hangout apart Facebook was unimaginable for me. But once I had joined and slowly got the hang of it, another online world of possibilities, ideas, thoughts and people unveiled itself to me.

Can you believe that there are even Video-Hangouts between groups with similar interests ? Very cool indeed although to be honest I have not yet mastered how to be in ( or is it on ? ) a Hangout. But slowly, slowly catchy monkey !

Google Plus always shows you what is trending and I stumbled upon the " It's Thursday and I have coffee "( #coffeethursday ) trend. With such a groovy name I couldn't help but take a peek.

It was like a treasure trove of ' coffeebilia '. Photos of it, moving pictures of it and odes to it. Everyone had a wonderful coffee story and what struck me was how everyone was just so happy. No moaning or groaning about life and its less enjoyable aspects. No, it is a happy bunch of coffee lovers hanging out online.

As a coffee lover myself, I realize that we all have a certain something....caffeine buzz ! Scrolling down the many and surprisingly mostly different looking cups of coffee made this Thursday special. How do they manage to float the milk froth on a cappuccino to resemble a heart / cat / cloud / smile or face ?

If you aren't on Google Plus yet, try it and cruise around the different avenues of interest, fun and like-minded people. Be sure to look up the Thursday's coffee crowd...and me !

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment