Saturday 9 March 2019

A Busy Saturday In Eisenberg.

Amid stunning weather.

Another attempt to mentally torture English students brought me to Hannersdorf for extra lessons. A test is on the cards and by golly, the stuff they need to learn is alarmingly hard to understand. Even Bob was stumped when I asked him whether he knew the difference between a gerund and infinitive or rather when to use them. Gosh, even I had to scour my textbooks and la internet this morning to get the gist of what I do know instinctively. Alas, students want chapter and verse eschewing gut feelings and instinct.

The man to fix our window was supposed to come this morning as well but, as mum correctly prophesized, no roofer on a Saturday. At least we have organized a time for Monday afternoon. Don't worry, the weather prediction is for dry and sunny!

The afternoon was upon us before we knew it and halfway through it, Bob took me along for a drive to drop something off at his work mate. A short trip over the border was rewarded with the most breathtaking scenery. Rolling hills, emerald green fields, roaming cows, a couple of fishing ponds and my favourite, streets of divinely rustic chic houses in all colours but white..

The houses lining the winding streets are authentic, often far from perfect but therein lies their charm. A street with homes that emit warmth and life. Having oh so pristine and perfect homes might be enjoyable inside the covers of a magazine, but a house needs to be alive and lived in. Naturally, being surrounded by images of pulchritude made me painfully aware that I had left my camera at home, so you will have to take my word for the beauty that lies just a-yonder.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment