Monday 11 March 2019

Egg Free And Flaxseed Wise.

Why haven't I tried this before?

Being vegan for me is an all-in deal and I am grateful for it. No deliberations and dithering over what to eat and what not. The knowledgeable Dr. Pamela Popper said something that made sense to me. Moderation ( which so many think is perfect ) is like having a four numbered lock but all you ever know are three of the numbers, not enough to open the lock. The metaphor being that for your body to have the benefits of being a plant based vegan, you have to go all in...

Eggs seem to be the biggest hurdle for most but somehow it doesn't phase me so much apart from needing something to bind baked goods. As you know we've been making lots of different veg-burgers but somehow most of them despite falling into a taste range between interesting and amazing, where defying togetherness and just falling to pieces.

A new recipe book brought me to the magic of crushed flaxseeds. A few tablespoons mixed with water make a most amazing egg replacement. Not to mention the health benefit. Reading through various articles made me aware that flaxseeds contain more lignans than any other plants. Lignans are powerful antioxidants and a great source of fiber.

Having to think outside the box has made it more fun for me to cook. More tasty and definitely more colourful.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment