Friday 1 March 2019

The Darling Buds Of March.

Out of kilter, ahead of time.

Not only nature seems out of kilter. There is an elderly lady I've been trying to visit for the last few afternoons but each time the timing was off. Once she had succumed to the infamous afternoon tv slumber where even a heard of elephants won't interfere, another time she was busy hacking most of next year's firewood into shape before the rain and today, the supposed rainy day saw us having opposing schedules yet again. A trip to the local shop for her meant that I meandered my way back home the long way. Eh, an extra kilometer isn't that much but it awarded me a few photos and funny encounters.

Walking in the latish afternoon brings forth many different sights be it for the angle of the sun or the industry of villagers. As you will see at the end, I managed to snap a nice bit of proof that nature is ahead of its time bearing in mind that it is only the first of March today.

In the middle of Dorfstrasse ( mere steps from our home for the last eight years ) stands a wonderful magnolia tree bragging with its budding blossoms. How could I not stop to take a photo? Well, a woman was cleaning her car in the driveway of a neighbouring home and obviously hadn't seen me without my walking disguise...

" This house is not for sale. "
delivered in a strict voice made me reciprocate with;
" Don't worry, we own a house around the corner. "
As per usual I had borrowed one of Bob's jackets and that must have made me look flush enough to buy a house. She kept on apologizing and just for good measure I carried on snapping a few more photos while dropping hints about our roots in the village, a village which she has only been a part of for the last three years...

How wonderfully stubborn these shoots are, defying a long winter and dormant slumber.
The infamous magnolia blossoms still hiding their pinkness behind a coat of gray.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment