Thursday 28 February 2019

A New Taste Sensation For Me.

Coffee with a twist.

As you know Bob and I have been spicing up our cooking with various curry powders en masse or solo which makes our spice rack exotic and responsible for a pleasant aroma wafting about all day long.

A few days ago I happened across a tidbit about spices. Especially cardamom, which rang a distant bell in my mind about a health tip my cousin ( a qualified doctor of eastern and western medicine ) had mentioned in passing. Adding a dash of cardamom on your daily cappuccino froth. She had just given us a manual milk frother, so that made sense...but only since last week.

Luckily we've discovered a plant based oat & soy milk that whips up into a perfect barista foam. A foam that makes a perfect bed for me to sprinkle cardamom on top. To be honest, the first time I was not quite convinced as it has a sharpish bitter taste but after seeing my skin with a dash more peachy-ness the following morning, I have become inseparable from my new morning coffee duo.

The internet is rife with coffee and cardamom recipes which I can't wait to try out tomorrow. Brewing the powder with the coffee instead of drizzling it on top. Bob is not on board yet but perhaps my new way of coffee enjoyment might rub off on him.

The health benefits are of course the clincher...it is an antioxidant, might lower blood pressure, has diuretic tendencies, is anti-inflammatory and may help with digestive problems. Life is about being open to try out new things, get new ideas and to have the gumption to veer off the tried and tested tastes of the past.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment