Monday 18 February 2019

A Squirrel In My Path.

It is the small things that count.

The Monday morning rush was in full swing around me. Cars were chortling along, drivers were mostly giving over their attention to the ubiquitous smartphone glued to their face and even I was pacing myself in order to make my first appointment. A usual Monday morning but also a sad end to a few days of quiet, relaxation and fun.

That feeling of rush, rush, rush almost seems ingrained in most of us. Multitasking is akin to normal although the act of swiping away on one's phone can't be compared to multitasking because once the mind is centered on that little portal to the online netherworld, all else is forgotten.

As I was waiting for two cars to leave their driveway-they had their music blaring and engine revving to signal intent-I noticed a quick movement on my right side, across the road. There was a squirrel as cute as a button waltzing backwards and forwards as if waiting to cross the road. It allowed me to take a few photos before dashing up a tree.

A reminder of nature, an instant feeling of joy at such cuteness but the drivers of those two cars didn't even take note of this squirrel while they made their entry onto the road of haste. No, they didn't come close to hurting it but alas they missed an opportunity to have a lovely mental screensaver for their start of the week.

Sweetcheeks waiting to cross the road...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment