Thursday 21 February 2019

Living Life With A Head Warmer.

Better than legwarmers...

I am thankful at least for the fact that her royal highness, Miss Mausi changes her favourite abodes every few weeks and thus my current trial will not be forever...hopefully.

It started about a week ago when she decided to sleep right above my head on the top left hand side of my pillow. A pillow which I have trouble grabbing the major share of. In the beginning I thought it was tres cute to have my own little head warmer and also felt pleased that she chose mine and not Bob's. More hair could be the trump card!

It isn't as though I notice when she curls up above me. It is only when I wake up in the middle of the night that I become aware of her due to her ( or Bob's ) snoring like a trooper. It is uncanny how she found a place on the pillow without me noticing which makes me believe that she cunningly awaits my departure to dreamworld before striking out on her favourite spot.

Once I am awake though, sleep is out of the question and our trek to the living room ensues, quiet as mice so as not to wake Bob. Mausi unceremoniously gets hauled over my shoulder with one hand and all our duvets and pillows are hauled with the other. A routine indeed and one she might even look forward to.

After a few minutes I usually get settled on the couch and it isn't more than a minute later that she curls up atop my head. All well and good until I hear and feel her scratching. Then of course all bets and thoughts are off as I can literally picture a great osmosis trek by little creatures. True or not doesn't matter. She gets the boot or rather a weak arm over my head trying to shoo her off. Goodness, she is a stubborn gal. Last night we did the routine three times before I fell asleep which of course was game over for me. When the alarm buzzed she lazily stretched and yawned atop my head waiting for me to switch the blasted thing off.

The other day I mentioned it to mum and she of course laughed and asked why I didn't just kick her out of the bed...ha, little does she know about living with a cat, especially one that we love to bits...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment