Monday 4 February 2019

A Delightful Monday In Eisenberg.

Characters abound.

Often I only decide at the last minute which route to walk and today saw me march behind the Eisenberg church towards the Pinka. One of my favourite routes as it abounds with soul refreshing sights. A constant are the family of deer grazing to keep the hunger at bay yet keeping an eye out for passing tourists like myself. After so many safe passages they still hop and skip away when they catch sight of me.

This route is also preferred by an older gentleman and his little dog. They are a perfect pair and the bond between them is amazing. Every time I meet up with them, I am one step closer to adopting a dog. His companion was chosen at the local pound. A dog nobody else wanted is now his best friend and won't leave his side.

A while ago it was murmured that one was old when the local doc prescribed a dog. A threshold of sorts but I tend to think it a brilliant idea and prescription. A dog means going for daily walks, organizing its food and generally taking care of it.

Of course owning a dog is one of the best antidotes to loneliness and helps one focus the mind on someone else and lends structure to the day while rescuing a little soul from an overcrowded pound who will shower you with unconditional love. Sometimes good old fashioned common sense is the best medicine...

The local gang blending in nicely to their surroundings.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment