Friday 22 February 2019

Rainbows And Strong Winds.

A different but stunning day.

I saw a rainbow. Not just any rainbow but one that covered all of Rechnitz. Heartwarming and speech rendering stuff. A simple deed of nature cast such a divine aura over a town. It was a privilege to see it.

The weather has been undecided today alternating between spots of rain, bursts of strong winds and sunny blue skies. When I glance out of our kitchen window the blue couldn't be more so but one peep out the back loo's window brings to mind movies of doom and gloom. A darkish blue and gray sky that reminded me of African hail bursts.

The wind was so strong in Rechnitz that the car bucked to stay on the straight and narrow. Adventure driving coupled with adventure hairstyle. My hair was defying the elastic band and bits were whipping in every direction possible. A quick glance in the shop window thought me save and hairstyle sound but oh, when I got home earlier on, I had to laugh at myself and the unruly wildness atop my head. No wonder folks were grinning at me.

The rainbow had cast its spell over Rechnitz and at one of the local shops folks were joking with each other whilst waiting in the queue which hardly ever happens. Sometimes we need a celestial reminder to slow down and smell the roses...

A darkening sky had settled itself over Eisenberg this morning. Lovely walk indeed.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment