Sunday 10 February 2019

Living Time.

Setting markers throughout the day.

Doesn't it feel as though time is slipping through our fingers? Turn around once and it is the end of a day, week or even month never mind year. It was not that long ago that the promise of a Friday night was on the horizon and now, Sunday is past its infancy. Strange indeed.

As much as I love Friday evenings and our laissez-faire attitude to them, I do also know that Friday evenings are there for Bob to enjoy watching his genre of movies. Sci-fi and comics such as Spiderman, which I must say I actually enjoyed. Netflix is a blessing and a curse because watching originals and their sequels is as easy as pressing the remote. Sequels hardly ever pass the muster set by the original.

Most evenings or actually all of them I am deep into my first REM cycle in front of the telly by eight o'clock so Bob has free reign on choosing movies at his leisure. Mostly I put up a token fight just for the fun of it and by now Bob has learned to nod sagely while prizing the remote out of my hand.

Sundays are great reminders of living our lives to the fullest as the frequency with which they appear is dizzying if nothing else. Perhaps if and when we find a way to relax and live authentically the concept of time passing might slow down. Living in the moment is more than a buzz word, in fact it might just be the road less traveled leading to inner peace and happiness that is what most of us are yearning for...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment