Tuesday 19 March 2019

A Glove Of Garlic A Day Keeps Many Away.

The goodness of garlic.

I sort of knew that garlic was up there in the superfood group but only yesterday I found out that it is the top dog in regards to helping fight illness on my fronts. Health or rather lack of health front. More healthy than broccoli and co and only followed closely by onions and leeks. Thankfully I love all of the above.

For the love of garlic or love me despite my garlic...in regards to Bob I have been leaps and bounds ahead of the curve. I put a glove of garlic into his salad every day and thus he won't notice whether I ate some or not while at the same time keeping him healthy.

Back when I was working in our Salon manning the desk, I couldn't afford to eat garlic apart from a Saturday evening which often turned into a garlic fest. Is there anything more delicious than freshly baked garlic bread?

My one uncle was a garlic slave long before it became trendy and he is sort of hale and hearty despite being an octogenarian. Of course he didn't have to deal with customers. Gosh, he's twenty years ahead of me at least. Wish I had listened to him back then...

Long ago when I worked in New York, my employer made me peel a glove of garlic every day so that he could swallow it whole with a glass of water in the hope that the garlic odor would be non-existent...there's the rub. Nobody tells you in case of garlic over indulgence and often the only way to tell is if all of a sudden all and sundry offer you a peppermint or chewing gum!

Wouldn't it be fabulous if everyone ate garlic daily because then no one would notice garlic consumption.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment