Friday 16 August 2019

A Vegan B.B.Q...Slightly Contradictory.

A daunting yet exciting party in the offing.

This afternoon we are going to have a gathering of many accompanied by vegan vitals. A burger party in fact. A hamburger and chips affair minus the ham. All sounded much better in my mind now that I have prepared the burger patties. Will folks like them? Will they taste the way I want them to taste?

All in all I am making about 20 patties and as many non vegans will be there, I have tried to give them a nice flavour. Can't have people saying that our food tastes bland, even though there are times it does. In fact, I will not even mention that they are sans meat and see what the verdict will be.

Isn't it funny how when cooking for so many ones courage departs with alarming speed. Cooking for Bob and I is easy. Should it taste less then edible, I make something else. No problem but I know that tonight a misshapen burger will be translated as;

" See, I told you so. Vegan food is rabbit food. "

But on the whole I do enjoy making vegan food and am excited to find out if everyone will like it. Even a grudging bit of praise will be fantastic. Of course the party is held in wine country and by the time anyone gets to eat, many a glass will have been imbibed and quite frankly, all tastes well when oodles of libations are had, as it is Bob's Birthday after all...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment