Monday 26 August 2019

My Bond With A Bunch Of Local Flowers.

My second stint as flower guardian begins.

Gosh, where did the time go to? It was just the other day that I had started my first week of looking after one of Eisenberg's flower spots. The other day was actually a time in June which is rather scary as it did seem as though it was only last week.

I heard on a talk show this morning that they might propose equalizing all the time zones. Won't that be a whole lot of fun for working out new timetables? How that might be done seems rather mysterious but be that as it may, noon in Eisenberg might be at the same time as noon in New York albeit one will be in the dark and one not. Another gimmick to confuse us a little bit more?

Anyway, back to my flowers. It rained like mad over the weekend which has thankfully slashed my trips with a heavy watering can down to two. Only the flower pots that had a roof over them needed refreshments. So far so good!

These last two months I have only admired 'my' flowers from a safe distance as I didn't want to be seen to interfere in someone else's guardianship. Therefore this morning was the first time I came up close to them again. Honestly it didn't take me long to shoot the breeze with them. Look if Prince Charles can do it, so can I.

Inane chatter with flowers isn't so bad although I must confess that my chatter was more in the form of a plea, begging them to stick with me and my idea of dolling out refreshments for the next seven days whilst looking as fresh as daisies during and at the end of it...Village life, isn't it the best?

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment