Monday 5 August 2019

Environmentalists, Oberwart & Factory Farming.

Astonished faces.

Only this morning I happened to watch Cowspiracy and am still affected by it. By man's stupidity and the aptness of cutting our noses to spite our faces idiom. Cowspiracy explains how factory farming has is and will affect life on earth.

One of the most shocking revelations to me was the fact that at the time of filming this documentary, most environmentalist especially Greenpeace don't talk about the effect of factory farming or rather the effect of eating meat has on our environment and the future of our earth. Considering that meat production poses more danger to our climate than all transport emissions combined, that is a shocker indeed. Why call yourself environmentalist if the most urgent threat isn't on your mission statement.

As luck would have it, we were at the shopping center in Oberwart this afternoon and as Bob and his parents tootled off to the car I still did a few mad dashes to purchase this or that. Suddenly, two rather earthy looking chaps cornered me with a smile and said:

" Oh, you are just the sort of person who would like to hear about Greenpeace. "
I couldn't believe my ears. There were these two wanting me to sign up for monthly donations but, seeing that Bob wasn't around I thought I would ask them about Greenpeace's policy towards factory farming and you know, the way they looked at me I could have just as easily asked them about moving to the moon.

One asked what I was talking about and the other said that he hadn't a clue what factory farming is or causes. Oogh, wrong answer indeed. When I posed my next question to them, a startling revelation ensued:

" Do you eat meat? "
" Of course I do. "
What on earth is happening? Environmentalists not advocating a plant based lifestyle is beyond the pale. Remember, they are the supposed advocates for helping our planet recover and their goal is to ensure the ability of the earth to nurture life in all its diversity. Sad that they ignore the most obvious danger to our planet...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment