Thursday 22 August 2019

Beyond Belief, Beyond Beef.

Avant garde plant based burgers are on the shelf of our local supermarkets.

Shopping trip today into Güssing which is my favourite after all. Nice and gentle with everything I need in close proximity. There is usually a method to my shopping and each town gets its own niche in my method roster. Güssing is a case of petrol, toiletries, vegan cheese, Hofer and Lidl. In that order which is quite relaxing for me. A gal on a mission.

Today's something extra were the ingredients for a Chickpea peanut butter ice cream, which only meant getting some dates and almond milk. Believe me, when I tasted it before putting it in the freezer it was divine. Yes, already done and dusted with our new blender.

But back to Billa where I usually stock up on our vegan cheese. A method there as well because I tend to buy what's on the shelf! On the off chance that I would spot anything new in the vegan way, I meandered around the supermarket and by pure chance had a glimpse at the fresh meat fridge. Don't ask me why because I am not tempted in the least, but there I was when between a shoulder of pork and a tray of ribs I noticed a label stating:

Beyond meat. Plant-based burger.
Wow. Hot on the heels of being lauded and launched in all the captials of the world only a few months ago, it is already being stocked here in our tiny outpost of Austria. How absolutely fantastic is that? Of course the price is a bit steep considering that one only gets two burger patties, but the mere fact that it is there on the shelf bears witness to the fact that the vegan / plant based crowd is growing...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment