Thursday 8 August 2019

The Joys Of Life With A Cat.

An eventful night was had.

Sometimes I think that it is no wonder that she has oodles of energy during the night. Why not when all she does is curl up comfortable on our bed to doze the day away between breakfast and dinner. A cat's charmed life indeed interspersed with numerous cuddles and kisses from us.

Bob and I went to bed rather early, well nine isn't that early in the scheme of life and were roused by our feline bundle scattering all over the bedroom floor with that specific gait only brought forth by a small rodent's daring dash across her path. She can be fast asleep but her mouse radar never misses a beat or mouse.

Coupled with her heavy hopping about was the frightened high pitched squeak of her latest toy, the resident mouse. Bob had predictably left his shorts and shirt on the floor before hopping into bed and that was the scene of the crime. A hiding place for the prey and an irksome hide out for our Maus to conquer.

Bob woke up at one point and was none too pleased but what could one do but to pray that the battle of mini titans didn't involve a sojourn onto our bed. I couldn't help but picture little mouse feet trying to find a safe haven among my duvet. As much as I love animals, I do draw the line at harbouring mice.

At one stage I dropped off into dreamland only to be bumped back to Eisenberg with Maus's nose. I tell you something, the love I have for her was precariously on the edge of the bed. What if she wanted to show me her latest toy? Misplaced worries as all she wanted was a cuddle after an exhausted night of playing with her toy.

When Bob got up this morning it was too comical to see how gingerly he picked up his shorts off the floor...luckily for him there was no evidence of a rodent having had a camp-out during the night. Life with a cat is never dull nor boring...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment