Monday 11 January 2021

A Kindle In The House.

 Finally took the leap.


I have been hamming and hawing for years now. To Kindle or not to Kindle? Would I use it, would the expense be warranted and would it be fun to read with it?

Christmas has been more than kind to both of us and after debating with myself for about two weeks, I finally got on board or rather got the Kindle board. Bob is a staunch old fashioned style reader and will stick to his real books, although, once he has a try at electronic reading he might change his mind.

The main selling point for me was of course the access to Amazon's library, which is of course included in the Amazon Prime packet. Normally I wouldn't succumb to the giant's lair, but you know, having the use of an English library is great. Savings on future books bought and the lure of getting lost in the portals of a library. Is there anything better?

Reading on my device takes some getting used to. The screen is small and the pages have to be turned constantly. In that regard I do miss books as there a page had a decent length to it. Losing the plot is also not that great because flicking back through the book takes effort and I am not even sure if I knew how to end up where I was before.

With each new day I am getting more in-tune with my Kindle and one of the best aspects of it is that I can read at night, without any light on. Wonderful to keep sleeping spouses asleep. The lightness of it was a nice surprise though. Books can become heavy after a while so it is a pleasure to hold such a lightweight in my hand.

Here is to reading, however and whenever....

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment